• Over 2500 students have been enrolled in private lessons,
group classes and outreach programs since the school started in 2006.
• 56 adults participating in the Harper Concert Band which performs
three to four times annually.
• Established the Harper Chamber Music Academy in October 2012.
• Each year we hold two summer band camps:
• Intermediate Band Camp in July for rising seventh,
eighth and ninth grade students.
• Beginner Band Camp in August for rising sixth grade students.
Merit Scholarship Recipients
Soots-Ward Scholarship recipient for the 2012/2013 fiscal year is Emily Tellez, who is a flute player at Granite Falls Middle School.
Lewis Isaac Scholarship recipient for the 2012/2013 fiscal year is Dalton "DJ" Waters who is a rising sophomore at Hibriten High School and a tuba player currently in the Hibriten Band. Before playing the tuba, DJ began instrumental music on the euphonium at Happy Valley Elementary School.
Mary Isaac Scholarship recipient for the 2012/2013 fiscal year is Shelby Benfield, who is a rising sophomore at Hibriten High School and currently plays flute in the Hibriten Band. Shelby began playing the flute in 6th grade at William-Lenoir Middle School, and is excited to begin learning to play the piccolo.
It always saddens me to think that after all I am not yet a proper musician; but I have more aptitude for the calling than probably many of the younger generation have as a rule. Boys should be allowed to indulge themselves in jolly music; the serious kind comes of its own accord. How lucky is the man who, of an evening, writes some fresh music. For he lives while he is creating.